Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
• All client information and materials are considered confidential. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client.
• Upon receipt of full payment, Zakuga Art grants the client exclusive license to use the final cover design artwork (PDF, JPEG or other publishing-ready format) for his/her book and/or e-book cover/art commission and associated promotional posts i.e FaceBook.
• The client understands that he/she has no right to alter the final cover design in any way except to change size for printing or digital display. If the client desires any alterations, he/she will consult Zakuga Art. The client understands that additional payments may be required to make these alterations.
• The client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by, Zakuga Art through a third-party image provider for use in client’s book design.
• Zakuga Art retains copyright and ownership of all design and draft materials. Zakuga Art reserves the right to display any version of a completed project on Zakuga Art website, but a completed book cover design will not be shown elsewhere until published by the author or a period of 6 months after completed design.
• If the client supplies Zakuga Art with materials subject to intellectual property rights by a third-party, the client will secure the appropriate rights to use the materials before directing the designer to incorporate them into his/her project. Zakuga Art reserves the right to request a copy of secured rights. Should any intellectual property dispute arise involving materials the client provides, the client assumes full legal and financial responsibility.
REQUEST FOR ADDITION USE
• If a commissioner/client desires to use the artwork for addition uses (I.E. a shirt/mug design/cover design/print) commission must contact Zakuga Art to work it into the existing agreement between Zakuga Art and commissioner.
• Zakuga Art requires cover design credit appear in client’s book (either on the back cover or on the copyright page) as such:
“Cover Art © Zakuga Art”