Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
• Excusive License will be granted upon full payment for book covers and author commissions.
• All client information and materials are considered confidential. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client.
• Upon receipt of full payment, Zakuga Art grants the client exclusive license to use the final cover design artwork (PDF, JPEG or other publishing-ready format) for his/her book and/or e-book cover/art commission and associated promotional posts i.e FaceBook. A "© Author Name" symbol may be place on the illustration by Zakuga Art for the novel name/ character(s)/ in illustration not the painting itself. This is to protect the author from other authors stealing Zakuga Art's work and using it for their promotions. This is the authors character(s) and should be protected in the best manner available, but this © does not extend to the illustration itself. Art theft is a huge problem and Zakuga Art protects art in the best manner available, including registering illustration with an online art protect so Zakuga Art is notified if illustration is trying to be resold.
- You do not own any copyright to Zakuga Art's illustrations.
- You will retain an exclusive license to your commissioned work from Zakuga Art.
- No other author will be able to use your commissions for their promotions .
• The client understands that he/she has no right to alter the final cover design in any way except to change size for printing or digital display. If the client desires any alterations, he/she will consult Zakuga Art. The client understands that additional payments may be required to make these alterations.
• The client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by, Zakuga Art through a third-party image provider for use in client’s book design.
• Zakuga Art retains copyright and ownership of all design/illustrations and draft materials. Zakuga Art reserves the right to display any version of a completed project on Zakuga Art website(unless agreement is made prior), but a completed book cover design will not be shown elsewhere until published by the author or a period of 6 months after completed design.
• If the client supplies Zakuga Art with materials subject to intellectual property rights by a third-party, the client will secure the appropriate rights to use the materials before directing the designer to incorporate them into his/her project. Zakuga Art reserves the right to request a copy of secured rights. Should any intellectual property dispute arise involving materials the client provides, the client assumes full legal and financial responsibility.
REQUEST FOR ADDITION USE
• If a commissioner/client desires to use the artwork for addition uses (I.E. a shirt/mug design/cover design/print) commission must contact Zakuga Art to work it into the existing agreement between Zakuga Art and commissioner.
• If a commissioner/client republishes book under new pen names or publishing house client must inform Zakuga Art to work terms out with new pen or publishing house.
• Zakuga Art requires cover design credit appear in client’s book (either on the back cover or on the copyright page) as such:
“Cover Art © Zakuga Art”
• Commercial use starts at 3500-6500 unless amount has been agreed upon prior.